We are delighted to be able to open our gardens, special exhibition and Claverton Manor – main collection for you to enjoy once again.
We are open from Tuesday to Sunday.
Gardens and special exhibition from 10am to 5pm. Please read the information about visiting the special exhibition here to plan your visit before setting off.
Claverton Manor – main collection is open but through chaperoned visits only at 11am, 11.30am, 12 noon, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2pm, 2.30pm and 3pm. Please read the information below to plan your visit before setting off.
The safety of our visitors, staff members, and volunteers is of paramount importance to us. For this reason, your visit will feel a little different than usual.
– We are limiting the number of visitors who can come each day to the gardens to 300.
– Visits to Claverton Manor – main collection will be through chaperoned visits only. Please read the information below to plan your visit before setting off.
– The Garden Café will be takeaway only, you can have a look at the menu here, and we’ll be operating a one-way system. The Gallery Shop is open too with a one-way system. Sorry card payments only, no cash at this time.
– The toilets are open! We have an enhanced cleaning program and have hand sanitising stations around in key locations.
– We ask all visitors to continue to follow social distancing guidance of 2 metres and where this is not possible wear a face covering. These will be mandatory inside ALL buildings.
If you are unable to wear a face covering for health reasons, disability or other, please let us know on arrival at the Ticket Office.
– Our team will be on hand for orientation and to answer any questions you may have. Staff members may be wearing a mask or visor and gloves, depending on their preference.
– We’ve taken away some of the items we normally provide (umbrellas, information sheets) so please do ensure that you have everything that you might need to enjoy your visit.
– Normal admission applies.
Visiting Claverton Manor – main collection
We are delighted to be able to welcome visitors back to Claveton Manor – main collection once again.
Visits however will feel very different as we continue to follow government guidance about opening during the Covid-19 pandemic.
In order to keep everyone safe, we are offering chaperoned visits. These visits will allow very small groups of people, starting at 11am, 11.30am, 12 noon, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2pm, 2.30pm and 3pm to spend around 20 minutes on each level (there are three levels) of the Manor House. They are not guided tours but our guides will be available to answer questions you may have or find out the answers for you.
We know these visits may not provide everyone with the opportunity to visit the Manor House and we apologies in advance for any disappointment not seeing the main collection may cause. These are unprecedented times for everyone and we’re working hard to enable as near normal visits to the museum and gardens for everyone in the future.
Some other important information
– Normal admission applies.
– Spaces will be available on a first come basis at the Ticket Office. Sorry no pre-booking.
– Visits to the Manor House start at 11am, 11.30am, 12 noon, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2pm, 2.30pm and 3pm
– Chaperoned visits will last approximately 1.5 hours.
– You will only be able to visit the floor you are on as instructed by your guide.
– There are a number of smaller spaces/rooms within the Claverton Manor so you may need to move around the level you are on so everyone can see each space.
– You will need to wear a face covering when inside the Claverton Manor and continue to remain 2 metres apart from others not in your household group.
If you are unable to wear a face covering for health reasons or a disability, please let us know on arrival at the Ticket Office.
– You will need to sanitise your hands on entering and leaving the building.
– There are no toilets inside the Manor House.
– You will be able to visit the Folk Art Gallery at the end of your chaperoned visit. Please allow an extra 20 minutes.
– Please let us know on arrival if you need any assistance visiting the house. We do have a lift to all three floors.
– We have removed some of the interactive displays. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
– we ask that you respect the wishes of others and follow any instructions given by our guides and thank you for your patience and understanding.
It’s a shared journey
We’ve doing our part; we’ll need you to help out, too.
– Please do not visit at this time if you have any of the symptoms associated with the Covid-19 virus.
– On arrival, please wash/sanitise your hands. We’ve provided stations at key locations.
– We ask all visitors to continue to follow social distancing guidance of 2 metres and where this is not possible wear a face covering. These will be mandatory inside Claverton Manor and the Exhibition Gallery building.
There is plenty of space in the parkland and formal gardens to relax and picnic in safety.
– If you are picnicking, please take home your waste.
– The seating on the terrace is for Garden Café customers only at this time.
And finally, these have been and are still demanding times for all of us. We ask for your patience whilst we all adjust to the ‘new normal’ to ensure that everyone working and volunteering at the Museum and visiting the Gardens enjoys their day.
Thank you for your continuing support and we look forward to welcoming you soon.