Book your group visit to the Museum
Happy Christmas! Yes our festive season is upon us and what better time to bring your group to the American Museum.
Step back to days gone by and experience winter life in America for three very special characters. Fun and frivolity in Conkey’s Tavern, hunkering down against a winter chill in the house of the Lee family, and party preparations in old New Orleans await all intrepid time travellers this festive season.
You’ll also discover our period rooms decorated to reflect the changing times and how early America kept family and friends cosy in the winter months and with Bath’s tallest indoor Christmas tree, a chance to gather your own loved ones close to make a wish this Christmas.
We hope to welcome you and your group very soon, and hope the following gives a flavour of the warm welcome and the great day out which awaits.
Head of Visitor Experience
Planning your day at the American Museum & Gardens
A visit to Museum, Gardens, special exhibition, time for some retail therapy and refreshment can take up to four hours. However you can get a flavour in two if your schedule is limited. A free familiarisation visit is available by prior appointment to assist organisers with coordinating their trip, please contact us to arrange.
To have the very best American adventure, here are our top 5 things not to be missed
– spend some time in the Folk Art Gallery and wonder at the amazing craftsmanship
– relax on the terrace with a home made cookie and spectacular views
– marvel at our internationally famous quilt collection
– step back in time in our period rooms, displayed as they would have been in the U.S
– tread in the footsteps of George Washington in the Mount Vernon Garden
Opening times and admission prices in 2018
22 November – 16 December Tuesday – Sunday, 11am – 4pm
Museum, Exhibition, and Gardens (group rate*) Adults: £10.50 Concessions: £9.50
Gardens only (group rate*) Adults: £6.50 Concessions: £5
* 15 or more paying visitors (inclusive of membership or other admission cards, where 1 payment for entire group is made.
If it’s too late for you this year why not visit in 2019.
As well as experience the New American Garden you’ll also be able to see Kaffe Fassett’s brand new Quilts of America exhibition, as well as never before seen photographs from Thomas Kellner.
To book, just email us on email@example.com or call 01225 820866.