Planning your group visit to the American Museum & Gardens
A visit to Museum, Gardens, special exhibition, time for some retail therapy and refreshment can take up to four hours. However you can get a flavour in two if your schedule is limited.
A free familiarisation visit is available by prior appointment to assist organisers with coordinating their trip, please contact us to arrange.
To have the very best American adventure, here are our top 5 things not to be missed in 2019
– spend some time in the Folk Art Gallery and wonder at the amazing craftsmanship
– relax on the terrace with a home made cookie and spectacular views
– marvel at our internationally famous quilt collection and Kaffe Fassett’s Quilts in America exhibition
– step back in time in our period rooms, displayed as they would have been in the U.S
– tread in the footsteps of George Washington in the Mount Vernon Garden
Curious about quilts?
This exclusive one-hour handling session offers your group an up-close introduction to the world-renowned quilt collection at the American Museum. A member of the curatorial team will take you through the history and traditions of American quilting while showing you pieces from the storeroom, not normally on display. An excellent ‘add on’ to touring our Textile Room, the Period Rooms, and the Exhibition.
£5 per person (normal group admission also applies)
For more information please see our Group information leaflet 2019
To discuss your visit and book, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01225 820866.
Orangery Café and Terrace
Request for catering should be made when booking. To book contact Reception on 01225 820866 or by using our contact form. The Catering Manager is available to discuss details and dietary requirements on 01225 823012 or by using our contact form.
Those having a standard group visit are able to coordinate lunch on arrival (between 12noon – 2pm).
We have a range of menus to choose from: