In times of Covid, the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is paramount. Please don’t visit if you or anyone you are in contact with has shown symptoms of Covid in the last 14 days.
What to expect on your visit:
We understand that the removal of restrictions will be welcome news to some whilst also worrying for others. On this basis, we have developed a balanced plan to ensure that we continue to provide a safe place to visit. This includes:
- We will kindly ask visitors to continue to wear masks when indoors (unless they are exempt from doing so).
- All staff and volunteers will be wearing face masks in indoor spaces (unless they are exempt from doing so).
- Interactive displays and room guides will be available.
- We will provide plastic gloves for people to wear when handling the textiles.
- There is a one way system in the Museum and in the café.
- Hand sanitiser stations are located throughout the grounds.
- There is an enhanced cleaning regime in place across the site.
- Contactless payments are encouraged.
- Our Tramper all-terrain electric mobility scooter is cleaned before and after each use.
- Pre-booking is not normally required.
- We will continue to ask people to scan the NHS Covid 19 QR code upon entry.