Become a Member of The 1820 Club
The 1820 Club is named after the year our beautiful Manor House was completed.
The Museum considers each legacy a very special gift and a way of securing our future and our legacy as a leading UK heritage organisation. Joining the Club is simple: just let us know that you have remembered the Museum in your Will. You can do this by:
- completing and returning the pledge form (PDF)
- sending us a copy of the relevant section of your Will
- providing a letter of confirmation from your solicitor
The size and nature of your legacy pledge will remain confidential; you can also be anonymous if you wish.
Everyone who pledges a legacy to the Museum can join the Club. There are no membership subscriptions or other fees. This means the whole of your bequest will be devoted solely as you intend it to be. As a member of the Museum’s 1820 Club, you can enjoy:
- an invitation to an annual event hosted by our Director. At these events, you can meet our Curators and other Club members, hear the latest news about our plans
- an acknowledgement of your legacy and membership of the Club on our website, in our supporter section of the Museum’s annual report and in selected publications.
You can gain further information about creating your Will or changing an existing Will with a Codicil with this brief guide (PDF). Further information about writing your Will or adding a Codicil can also be found on the Remember a Will website.
If you are considering leaving a legacy in your Will to the Museum, and require further information, please contact the Director, Dr Richard Wendorf, in confidence: email@example.com