An American Toy Story
Until 30 October 2016
Just like the films that inspired the toys and collectables in our new exhibition, An American Toy Story promises to be a real blockbuster!
This exhibition explores the huge impact that movie-licensing had on toy production and the way we play. A collection of vintage treasures and modern classics, spanning over 100 years, is on display together for the very first time. Whether you’re a Disney princess or the next James Bond, you’re certain to find something to delight you in this show.
Exhibition highlights include;
- Iconic early-twentieth-century celebrity dolls, including Charlie Chaplin and Shirley Temple
- Classic movie posters
- Early Disney toys, including a rare 1930s Donald Duck
- A collection of vintage James Bond toys
- Favourite toys from the Science-Fiction films of the 1980s
- Superman costume worn by Christopher Reeve
- An interactive room with dressing up and photo zone
Jeremiah! Inspired Interiors
An exhibition of Jeremiah Goodman’s iconic room portraits, chronicling the homes of the rich and famous throughout the twentieth century.